The Arizona Psychological Association is pleased to announce the 2021 Student Poster Contest, to be held at the annual APZA convention, Friday, October 8, 2021.
Please see the attached call for proposals and encourage all students with whom you have contact to consider a submission.
Reasons to participate:
- Cash award for first, second and third place presenters ($100, $75 and $50, respectively).
- Build your curriculum vitae.
- Invite email communication regarding your work.
- Great for graduate school or employment applications – demonstrate your academic/research capabilities!
Rules for Participation:
- Any undergraduate or graduate student, intern or post-doctoral fellow may submit a poster proposal for consideration. It is not necessary to be a member of AzPA.
- Individuals are limited to one submission for consideration.
- Submissions are welcomed from all areas of psychology.
- Proposals may include original empirical studies, program development/evaluation, critical literature review, a meta-analysis, etc. Please keep in mind the scoring rubric when preparing your poster (i.e. a proposal for a study that has no data is unlikely to score well).
Procedures for Submitting Proposals:
- Submit the Poster Proposal cover sheet (see page 2 of the Call for Posters).
- Prepare and submit a 500 word abstract (page 3 of the Call for Posters), 12-point font, double-spaced, detailing the work and the proposed poster in APA format.
- Submit an image of the final poster, not to exceed 40” x 60” in size.
- Submit the consent to publish on our website form (page 4 of the Call for Posters).
Proposals must be received via email by Dr. Chris Nicholls, no later than 5pm on Wednesday September 1, 2021. Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Winners will be notified by October 1, 2021.
Click here to view the Call for Posters.