Click here to submit a Job.
Organization: Northern Arizona University
Posted until: August 29, 2022
The Department of Educational Psychology is pleased to announce an opening for non-tenure track, academic year Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor, Clinical Psychology position based in Phoenix, Arizona, to teach core courses in Clinical Psychology. The position is renewable, based on availability of funds, effective performance, and program needs. NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
The Department of Educational Psychology is located within the College of Education. The department currently offers a PhD in Combined Counseling/School Psychology (Flagstaff campus), Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) program in Clinical Psychology (Phoenix North Valley campus), EdS in School Psychology, Master's degrees in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, School Counseling, Counseling-Student Affairs, and Human Relations, and an undergraduate program in Applied Human Behavior.
This position is to begin August 2022. The successful candidate will have specialization in Clinical Psychology, and will demonstrate innovative instructional methodology, and have expertise in clinical practice and research related to practice, supervision skills, diverse experiences, and professional proficiencies. The position is a 10-month academic year position with opportunities for summer teaching.
1. Teach graduate clinical psychology classes for the doctoral program in Clinical Psychology.
2. Teach majority of courses in-person.
3. Assist in recruiting, retaining, and advising doctoral students in Clinical Psychology.
4. Direct graduate student clinical research projects.
5. Fulfill service responsibilities to the department, college, university, and the profession.
6. Work collaboratively with behavioral health service agencies to coordinate practicum and internship experiences for clinical psychology students.
1. Earned Doctorate in Experimental, Social, Cognitive or Clinical Psychology, or in a closely related area of Psychology. Candidates who are ABD are also encouraged to apply and will be considered with the condition that their doctoral degree is completed within the 1st year of appointment
2. Prior college teaching experience.
1. Relevant graduate level teaching experience in the area of clinical psychology
2. Ability/experience or strong interest in recruiting, advising, and mentoring graduate students
3. Experience or strong interest in working with graduate students on research projects
4. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with department chairs, other program directors/coordinators, faculty, staff, students, and associated members of the professional community
5. Demonstrated efficacy in working effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds, including rural and southwest populations
6. Evidence of a strong psychologist identity, and an active involvement in related professional associations
7. Experience working in an educational setting that emphasizes diverse student populations
8. Experience in networking/collaborating and consulting with health service agencies and /or professionals
To apply for this position, proceed to http://nau.jobs, follow the 'Faculty and Administrator Openings' link, locate vacancy 606327, and then "Apply" at the bottom of the page.
Please attach to your application:
(1) A cover letter highlighting your interest in and particular qualifications for this position
(2) A curriculum vitae
(3) Copies of unofficial transcripts (originals will be required of the successful applicant)
(4) A statement of teaching philosophy;
(5) A diversity statement that highlights your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Please include examples from your past experiences and your future plans to advance diversity, equity and inclusion.
(6) A sample syllabus and teaching evaluations from one or two college courses;
(7) Names and contact information for three references
(8) Evidence of licensure or licensure eligibility in Arizona
For questions about this position, please contact the search chair, Dr. Frederick Wechsler at ( Frederick.Wechsler@nau.edu).
Questions about the application process can be directed to Academic Program Coordinator, Senior, Gianne Wools at Gianne.email@example.com.
Organization:The Nicholls Group
Posted until:September 11, 2022
The Nicholls Group in Scottsdale AZ (www.thenichollsgroup.com) is pleased to announce an immediate opening for a doctoral level psychologist who has training and skills in lifespan clinical and neuropsychology. We are an established group of psychologists who receive referrals from community and specialty physicians, psychologists, academic institutions, former patients, attorneys and web-based inquiries. We operate on a fee for service (cash) basis and do not contract with insurance companies or Medicare/Medicaid. Our practice is approximately 60% pediatric and 40% adult, and we provide diagnostic and therapeutic services for individuals with neurodevelopmental and acquired disorders, acute and chronic health/disability conditions, anxiety, depression, and executive function disorders. We provide English and Spanish language services, and we serve a broad patient population from the perspective of age, disability, ethnicity, culture, gender identity and physical diversity.
The ideal candidate would be an early career psychologist with postdoctoral training in clinical neuropsychology, who is licensed or eligible in the State of Arizona. Individuals with an interest in the young adult manifestation of neuropsychological conditions are especially encouraged to apply, however we would consider appropriate candidates in all areas of specialty. Board certification or eligibility is desired. Job duties would include both assessment and intervention/psychotherapy services. We encourage application from individuals with minority/diverse backgrounds and an intersectional approach to services. Either part-time or full-time opportunities are available. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to Christopher J. Nicholls,Ph.D., in care of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization: Amy B Bjorkman, LLC
Posted until: September 5, 2022
Established Licensed Psychologist with over 20 years of experience is looking to bring on an associate who is motivated to build a private-pay practice in a beautiful, fully furnished North Scottsdale office. Must be a Licensed Psychologist, committed to building a caseload of 15-25 clients per week, and trauma-informed with training/experience in the treatment of eating disorders.
1. Licensed psycholgist
2. Committed to building a caseload of 15-25 clients per week.
3. Trauma-informed with training/experience in the treatment of eating disorders.
1. Interest in somatic and/or polyvagal informed therapy.
2. Interest in pursuing additional trainings to strengthen knowledge and skill in treating trauma.
3. Interest in and eligible for PsyPact.
4. Interest in facilitating group therapy.
5. In a financial position to handle an evolving case load through direct referral, as well as your own marketing.
1. Receive direct referrals from an established Licensed Psychologist who specializes ion trauma and eating disorders who has continuous requests for services.
2. Access to a fully furnished office in a beautiful North Scottsdale location.
3. Ability to consult and collaborate with a group of licensed therapists with over 20 years of accumulated experience in the field.
4. Create and dictate your own schedule and availability.
5. Ability to create and facilitate groups.
6. Access to a state-of-the-art sensory room that supports your clients’ nervous system regulation and wellbeing.
7. Mentoring on building a private practice.
If you are interested in starting a private-pay practice with help from an experienced practitioner who values professional connection and collaboration, and you share a thirst for continuous learning while growing a successful business in this dynamic field, please apply today.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: